- ProEFA is a non-concentrated formula that blends EPA and DHA from cold water fish with GLA from borage oil.
- Professional version of Nordic Naturals’ popular Complete Omega-3-6-9 fish oil supplement.
- This omega-rich blend supports cardiovascular health, brain function, positive mood, as well as a healthy immune systm, healthy joints, hair, skin, and nails.*
- Nordic Naturals ProEFA provides a healthy balance of omegas-3, 6, and 9.
- ProEFA is in a natural triglyceride form which is 70% more absorbable than the ethyl ester form found in other fish oils.
- Nordic Naturals’ patented “nitrogen processing” ensures that ProEFA is 100% pure and fresh. Fresh fish oils are better for the body, and do not create negative side effects such as repeat or burp-back.
- 100% natural lemon flavor with no fishy smell, taste, or aftertaste.
- Third party tested for safety and efficacy – surpassing all international quality standards.
- Each bottle of ProEFA contains 90 easy-to-swallow soft gels.
Omega-3 LC-PUFA has been shown in a number of clinical studies to help reduce joint discomfort and stiffness1.
In a critical examination of 14 clinical trials in patients with rheumatoid arthritis or joint pain, supplementation with omega-3 LC-PUFA resulted in a decrease in joint pain intensity, duration of morning stiffness, the number painful and tender joints and the use of pain relief medication2.
In a clinical study conducted a Harvard University with patients having retinitis pigmentosa, supplementation with DHA (a component of omega-3 LC-PUFA) along with vitamin A started at the same time had a stronger protective effect again vision loss than vitamin A taken alone3.
Clinical studies show that DHA, a component of omega-3 LC-PUFA, plays a vital role in the optimum function of the retina4.
Human population-based studies have shown that a high intake of omega-3 LC-PUFA is associated with 40% reduced risk of age related macular degeneration (AMD) but this finding has not yet been confirmed in a in clinical intervention study5.
In a human clinical study 120 women aged 40-55 with an average of 2.8 hot flashes/day were given omega-3 LC PUFA or placebo for 8 weeks. The omega-3 group experienced a statistically significant decline of 1.58 hot flashes/day compared to a decline of 0.5 hot flashes/day in the placebo group6.
Based on numerous clinical studies, omega-3 LC-PUFA are widely recommended to keep the heart and blood vessels in good condition7,8.
A critical review of clinical studies conducted at prestigious medical schools showed that omega-3 LC-PUFA can reduce heart rate9.
Numerous high quality clinical studies show that omega-3 LC-PUFA significantly lower blood triglycerides, a risk factor for heart disease10.
Omega-3 LC-PUFA also increases HDL-cholesterol, the good cholesterol, and improves the ratio of LDL-cholesterol to HDL-cholesterol, a beneficial change11.
A critical review of numerous clinical studies which studied the role of omega-3 LC-PUFA on blood pressure concluded that a significant reduction in blood pressure was seen in hypertensive subjects who consumed a high level of omega-3 LC-PUFA12.
In a large Italian clinical study, previous heart attack patients receiving omega-3 LC PUFA experienced a 20% reduction in total mortality, a 30% reduction in cardiovascular death, and a 45% reduction in sudden death at 3.5 years13,14.
Following weaning from breast milk, omega-3, LC-PUFA supplementation of infant formula (6 – 52 weeks of age) resulted in improved visual acuity in infants15.
Omega-3 LC-PUFA supplementation of infants (5 – 17 weeks of age) also improved cognitive development, as indicated by an improved scores for memory, problem-solving and discrimination at 18 months of age16.
Two clinical studies with school children showed that supplementation with omega-3 LC PUFA over 8 and 12 weeks significantly improved behavior in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)17,18.
In a clinical trial with older women the women given a combination of DHA (a component of omega-3 LC PUFA) and lutein scored significantly better on a verbal fluency test than women on placebo19.
Omega-3 LC PUFA given to postmenopausal women over 18 months significantly increased bone mineral density (BMD) of the lumbar spine and femoral neck bones compared to placebo20.
Two soft gels daily, with food, or as directed by your health care professional or pharmacist.
Please consult with your physician before using this product if you are pregnant, diabetic, allergic to iodine, using blood thinners, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.